Tuesday, February 8, 2011

30 Day Kpop Challenge: Day 2


Annyeonghaseyo Kpop lovers?
Just like we promised you, here are our answers for day 2 of the 30 Day Kpop Challenge.

The question: Your favorite k-pop girl group

Now I think that Jihyun and I can both agree that this is a really hard question. Really hard, seeing as we don't really pay much attention to the Korean girl groups that are out, but for the sake of the challenge we will answer the question as best we can.

For me, the way I chose was by considering the girl group's who's songs that I actually have on my mp3 player. I listen to songs from others of course, but actually download status is some high class stuff. So basically going that route left me with about three girl groups to choose from. Out of those three I chose After School and f(x) the fight it out for the winning spot. And that winner is....f(x). Why? Because I actually know most of the members (can't say the same about After School) and I like how they stray anyway from the average "cute-girl-gotta-dance-in-a-mini-skirt-and-five-inch-heels" image that most of the girl groups done today, even though it does show itself every now and then.



Jihyun's favorite girl group is Girl's Day cause (directly quoted from her) "they're fun". All too true I can assess from the few videos I've seem of them. Their "Nothing Last Forever" song is really good and very catchy. And on top of that a couple of their members are struttin' some major swag. On the very first episode of "We Are Dating" during the talent portion that was meant to pair them with their respective U-Kiss guy one of the girls busted out the reject and in heels!! So yea, Girl's Day, not a bad choice at all.

And so that wraps it up for our day 2 challenge question. Come back tomorrow to see our day 3 answers to the question - Your Favorite K-pop guy bias. Ooooo! That should be a good one :)





Hi this is Jihyun here for Day #2 Lol. I had no idea Lei was going to write my choice for me. Thanks, but since I didn't know this at the time I had already written a more detailed version which I'll just post too.

As you can see, my pick for favorite girl group is Girl’s Day. They are a fairly new group who debuted in 2010. You might remember the buzz about their flash mob dancing before their official debut. Here are 2 links for those: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEhCnv1JcjM and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPseFA6uYvU

2 of the members left the group very early on and were replaced by Yura and HaeRi. Although I’m not too familiar with this group, I love their song “Nothing Lasts Forever”. Another thing that made me love this group is their humor, especially MinAh. I was so sad that their variety show with Ukiss was cut short. “We Are Dating” was becoming one of my favorites.

Here is one of my favorite clips of MinAh: Hongki and MinAh phone call (from Oh! My School)

Because I’m a new fan of the group, I would appreciate it if any of you Girl’s Day fans out there share some information about the group or your favorite member. Thanks. Can’t wait to read what you guys send me and to see your choices for favorite girl group :D

1 comment:

  1. My favorite girl group would have to be 2NE1. They're pretty cool I really like their style. :)

    http://sookyeong.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/200904061038031002_1.jpg

    ReplyDelete